Monday, November 22, 2010

AMA Fashion!

Sooo last night was the American Music Awards, and, as always, they provided me with plenty of great costume ideas for Halloween next year lol. Well, at least the outfits worn during performances did :) But, I was seeing some other fashion I loved, so I felt like sharing some of them (with, like, the one person that reads this, haha!):

:Taylor Swift:

I LOVED her new 'do, loved the sparkly dress, loved the shoes, love love love T-Swift :) (Mini by Colette Dinnigan)

:Rihanna:

 There was a lot of lacey, see-through looks at the awards show last night, from the red carpet to the award podium, and this one is one of my favorite. Most of the others were black, but I like how Rihanna took the trend and made it her own. (Gown by Elie Saab Haute Couture)

:Katy Perry:

Omigosh Katy looked flawless last night! I loooooved this look on her, so girly and soft, which is such a 180' from her crazy-fun performance costumes (which I love just as much)! She always looks amazing, especially when she glams herself up like this.

:Whitney Port:

I didn't see this til looking through People Magazine's website, and I think she looks fabulous! I mean, really, she looks so pretty, and so her age. I feel like Whitney's City looks kind of age her a bit, and she's always in black! I love this look on her! (Dress by Rafael Cennamo, shoes by Camilla Skovgaard)

:Kelly Osbourne:

I don't know how anyonen can not love her. Kelly looks so amazing lately, and last night was no exception! I adooooore her! Serioulsy, look at her! Amazing!

:Miley Cyrus:

I am NOT a Miley fan. I mean, I find some guilty pleasure in some of her music, yeah, but her...can't say I love her. Horrible, horrible "idol" for young girls (see her b-day pic below). But, I will say that she looks pretty good in this dress, minus the ridiculous train/tail. I hate when something long like that is attached to a mini (see Julianne Hough, below in trends). But, I will say its a MAJOR step up from this:

WHERE ARE HER PARENTS!?

:Jessica Alba:

She looks so good! Perfect necklace for an asymmetrical neckline, love the sleek lines, love the LBD/gold accents, shoes are to die for...she definitely got it right last night!

There were a few other looks I liked that I just can't find embeddable (is that a word? lol) pics for, but Dave from Lady Antebellum and his wife looked amazing, as did John Legend and his...girlfriend? Wife? Date? Not sure on their status lol.

TRENDS

:See-Through Lace:

Heidi Klum and Julianne Hough both wore the same trend I mentioned earlier (Rihanna), but I'm just not loving these versions. Especially on Julianne....I LOVE her, but I don't love the half/half dress thing she's got going on. Either make it a full-length look or chop off the lace overlay where the rest of the dress ends.

:YUCK YUCK YUCK:

Nicki Minaj and Ke$ha...both look ridiculous. I don't care if this is a "fun" awards show and you can get away with a lot more experimental fashion....these looks suck. Newsflash: neither of you are Lady Gaga, it doesn't work for you! Nicki...she has awesome curves...but there's absolutely no need to accentuate them even more, we see them. Ke$ha....you're just ridiculous...everything she wears/does just seems so gimmiky and fake to me...that dress looks like a shredded trashbag. Just stop. PLEASE.

Willow Smith...adorable girl...love that whole Smith fam...but....this outfit...well it's a look. C'mon Will and Jada...you're fashionable people...that has to transfer to your kids.

Thanks for reading, if you did! haha!

xo- k

all pics from People.com and Usmagazine.com

1 comment:

  1. Rihanna did look gorgeous!!! And I totally agree with the Nicki Minaj and Ke$ha outfits. Lady Gaga can pull hers off because she has a team (Haus of Gaga) that creates her "classier" image. It's bad when the meat dress looks better than the other girl's outfits.

    ReplyDelete