Friday, December 17, 2010

'Tis the Season!

Once again, Casey, my friend...your blog inspired me! I started to post a comment on a few movies you didn't have on the list --and definitely should see if you haven't yet! :) -- and then I started thinking about all my favorites....

I love the holidays! And I looooove my Christmastime movie and tv specials! Here's a list of a, um, few (lol) of my all time favorites! Ok, 25 of them, roughly listed from most to least favorite! After 10 it all really gets a little fuzzy :D

1. White Christmas ( <3 Bing Crosby!!)
2. Polar Express
3. Christmas in Connecticut
4. Elf
5. It’s a Wonderful Life
6. A Charlie Brown Christmas
7. How the Grinch Stole Christmas (original tv special)
8. The Santa Clause
9. Home Alone
10. Glee’s Christmas Episode
11. Santa Baby (ABC Family Movie)
12. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer (the old, awesome claymation-style one!)
13. Frosty the Snowman
14. The Holiday
15. The Family Stone
16. The Muppet Christmas Carol
17. Meet Me in St. Louis
18. Hallmark’s Christmas in November
19. How the Grinch Stole Christmas (movie)
20. A Christmas Story
21. Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town (made the same way as Rudolph)
22. Miracle on 34th Street (1947, 1994)
23. A Christmas Carol (1951, 1984 tv)
24. The Nutcracker (1993, starring Maculey Culkin)
25. Disney’s Fantasia’s Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy

I was going to write a little bit about each one and include some visuals...but there are 25 movies, and I think most of them are pretty self-explanatory as to why they are so great. Some are just plain awesome, some are reminiscent of a younger, more innocent time in life, and others are time-tested classics. Hope you enjoyed my list and maybe discover a few to add to your own! :)

xo-k

1 comment:

  1. I only listed 12 to do a kinda play on words with the 12 Days of Christmas. I know I omitted SEVERAL from my list. Glad I inspired you once again! :-)

    ReplyDelete